Liberal Arts – Humanities, BA
Broaden your perspective, build in-demand skills and increase your opportunities
The liberal arts bachelor’s degree program at AOE provides a comprehensive, interdisciplinary overview of the humanities and a strong, well-rounded background in the social sciences, math, and sciences to prepare you to work in a variety of fields. Humanities degrees encourage students to think, critique, persuade and develop vital 21st-century skills and perspectives that create options for entering or advancing in the job market.
Liberal Arts – Humanities BA Learning Outcomes
A liberal arts education does not tie you down to any one profession or career. A humanities-based education allows you to broaden your mind, instills a sense of social responsibility, and creates perspective that allows you to examine the world in a multitude of ways and from diverse perspectives.
Liberal arts encompasses more than the arts and humanities. The AOE program exposes you to a variety of academic subjects including science, math, and the social sciences. The program combines multiple academic disciplines and areas of interest to create a well-rounded educational knowledge base and the types of soft skills that are in high demand by employers and are relevant to a wide variety of career and graduate education paths.
The AOE Liberal Arts – Humanities program provides a broad knowledge base across academic disciplines.
- Explore your interests while earning a liberal arts bachelor’s degree that can open the door to greater career opportunities, higher earnings, and career mobility.
- Focus on interdisciplinary learning that applies to a variety of career fields or is a stepping stone to graduate-level education and specialized advanced skills.
- Develop high-demand “soft skills” that employers are seeking including communication, creative and critical thinking, and problem-solving — all of which are adaptable to virtually every field or industry.
- Leverage the flexibility of getting your liberal arts degree entirely online in a program specifically designed for the needs of online and adult learners.
- Benefit from accelerated 8-week terms that allow you to complete your degree sooner and put your new skills to work faster.
- Get a more personal experience with smaller class sizes, allowing greater connection/interaction with your instructors.
Courses You Will Take
- Intro to Liberal Arts
- Intro to Philosophy
- Christian Ethics
- World Religions
- Fine Arts
- Foreign Languages
Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Innovative thinking
- Written and verbal communication
- Global awareness
- Ethical thinking
- Project and time management
- Cultural and social awareness and sensitivity
Liberal arts graduates are not limited to one career field or area of specialization. The broad skill set acquired through a liberal arts education is relevant to diverse career fields including:
- Project management
- Event management
- Social services
- Arts and nonprofit
- Media and communications
- Human resource management
- Real estate
- Federal, state, and local government