Camp Lejeune Campus

Admission Questions

Students applying for admission must hold a high school diploma or GED. Campbell University, as a member of the Service Members Opportunity College Program, has a friendly admissions policy for adult students attending one of its extended campuses. There is no application fee at the Camp Lejeune Campus.

We run on eight-week terms with rolling admissions. You can start the program whenever your schedule allows. We recommend that you submit all enrollment materials at least 2 weeks prior to your start date so we can process your application.

Yes. Students can begin and end each program at the Camp Lejeune Campus. Students going full time can often complete an associate’s degree in 2 years and a bachelor’s degree in 4 years.

The University will accept up to 64 transfer credits from a community college, AARTS, CCAF, SMARTS, CLEP and Dantes tests. From a four-year institution, such as Campbell University, we will accept up to 96 semester hours of transfer credit. In most cases, there is no “date expiration” on the transfer credits.

The academic counselors at the Camp Lejeune Campus will be happy to do an unofficial evaluation of course credit. For this, the student should provide at least an unofficial copy of their college transcripts. If you are in the Army, Navy, or the Marines, Joint Service Transcript copies will need to be requested 24-48 hours in advance of review.

Once all transcripts have been received, a counselor will do your official evaluation. You will receive a letter stating it is completed, and it is available for view on your WebAccess account. If you are active duty army, your SOCAD agreement will be uploaded to the GoArmyEd website.

Financial Aid Questions

Students wishing to apply for financial aid may call (910) 893-1310, or contact the Director of Financial Aid at PO BOX 36, Buies Creek, NC, 27506.

Students are asked to fill out the Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.gov.

The North Carolina Legislative Tuition Scholarship is available for Camp Lejeune students. Military spouses should also consult the MyCAA program at http://www.militaryonesource.com.

Beginning with the Fall 2013 term, tuition rates will be $250.00/semester hour for traditional and blended classes. Learn more about tuition and fees

Military Questions

As a veteran, you are entitled to certain benefits, and are eligible to participate in certain education programs. Our Institutional Mission/Goal(s) is to “enroll veterans, participants, military, and other eligible persons under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, Section 3675; to certify veteran students for their education benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs on enrollment.” Veterans are accorded the same rights and must meet all academic requirements and maintain the same academic standards as any student attending Campbell University. The subsequent information should serve as a guide and a brief overview of these programs and your benefits. Currently, all of our programs offered at the university are approved through the North Carolina State Approving Agency (NCSAA).

Campbell University is a member of Service Members Opportunity Colleges (SOC), a consortium of over 1,800 institutions pledged to be reasonable in working with service members and veterans trying to earn degrees while pursuing demanding, transient careers. As a SOC member, Campbell is committed to easing the transfer of relevant course credits, providing flexible academic residency requirements, and crediting learning from appropriate military training and work experiences. SOC is sponsored by fifteen national higher education associations with the military services, the National Guard Bureau, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense serving as cooperating agencies.

Active service persons must consult with the Education Services Officer (ESO) on his or her military facility before submitting an application for VA benefits. Veterans should contact the VA certifying official for detailed information. Camp Lejeune’s certifying VA counselor.

Beginning each October, the Department of Defense will outline the allotted amount of tuition assistance granted to each branch of the military. Please refer to your branch education center for guidance. Tuition assistance does not cover the cost of text books

First you must set up a GoArmyEd account with the Army Education Center. Thru this site, any active duty student wanting to use tuition assistance must submit their application and register for classes.

Registration/Current Student Questions

Students may take three classes per 8-week term. There may be a required number of classes based on Veteran’s Benefits or Financial Aid.


Yes. Students are allowed two online courses per semester. A student may take two online courses in the summer.

Yes. Campbell University has several online programs; however, Camp Lejeune students can earn up to 49% of their degree online. The 49% will vary depending on the number of transfer credits. The calculation will include the number of transfer credits. 49% rule calculation: number of hours needed for the degree minus the number of transfer credits multiplied by .49 equals the number of hours allowed to take online.

No, as of January 1, 2013, Campbell University will not drop a student from a course if they do not show for the course. If a student registers for a course, they are expected to attend. If a student decides not to attend and does not drop the course during the add/drop period, they will be financially responsible for the course.

Classes at the Camp Lejeune Campus are in the evening only. Students may choose from over 60 online classes, and 75% of Camp Lejeune’s traditional classes are blended, requiring only one in-class session per week.

Yes, the Camp Lejeune Campus is considered one campus. Students may also get permission to take classes at the main campus at Buies Creek (no more than 6 hours), Fort Bragg/Pope Field and at our RTP Campus.

Since the classes at the Camp Lejeune Campus are accelerated 8-week terms, only 2 absences are allowed per 8 weeks, per the University Catalog. For blended courses, students are allowed only 1 absence. Please consult your course syllabus for attendance policies for that course.

To graduate from Campbell University, students must:

  1. meet all course requirements for their degree,
  2. have at least a 2.0 GPA,
  3. meet residency
    1. 15 SH with Campbell for an Associate of Arts or
    2. 32 SH with Campbell and 12 SH of upper level course work within their major, and
  4. have at least 64SH completed for an Associates or at least 128SH completed for a Bachelors. Students planning to graduate should submit an Application for Graduation to their home campus 2 terms before their last class is complete.


Students are able to view grades on Web Access no later than one week after the term is over. Grades cannot be given over the phone or by email.

Students or alumni who desire a transcript of their college course work must present a written request to the Registrar’s Office, giving notice of at least one week. Please note that federal law requires that all requests must bear the signature of the student, so e-mail requests cannot be honored. Mail all transcript requests to: Office of the Registrar, Campbell University, P.O. Box: 367, Buies Creek, NC 27506

When requesting a transcript, the following must be included: The student’s name, all former names, social security number, dates of attendance at Campbell University, current address, and where the transcript is to be sent.

All transcript requests must be signed by the student. Near the beginning or end of a term, the period required to process a transcript request may be somewhat longer than one week.

All transcript requests are billed at the rate of $5.00 per request. All fees must be included with the request if the transcript is to be issued. Make your check payable to “Campbell University.” A transcript will not be issued to or for a student who is indebted to the University or who is late in payment on any student loan.

If you have questions about the transcript request process, please call the Office of the Registrar at (800) 334-4111 extension 1265.