Active Duty, Veteran & Military Affiliated

Resources for Active Duty, Veteran and Military Affiliated Students

Campbell University at Fort Bragg & Pope understands the unique educational needs of Active Duty, Veteran and military-affiliated students.

Military Tuition Discount

Campbell University offers a Military Tuition Discount to all qualifying Adult & Online Education students. The discount reduces online tuition rate $450/credit hr. to $250/credit hr., and traditional or blend class tuition rate from $275/credit hr. to $250/credit hr. 

Currently serving uniformed service personnel, spouses of currently serving uniformed service personnel, and military veterans may qualify for the Military Tuition Discount (pending proper documentation/identification).

Qualifying documents include: 

  • Form DD 214
  • DOD ID card
  • DEERS eligibility letter
  • Employer verification letter

Tuition Assistance (TA)

Campbell University has a long and proud history of providing educational opportunities to service members, veterans, and their families. Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves may be eligible for tuition assistance for up to $250.00 per credit hour until the fiscal year cap of $4,500 is reached. National Guardsmen and Reservists should verify the availability and amount of tuition assistance with their unit education point of contact. Want to learn more about Tuition Assistance? Visit your branch of service to learn more and apply for TA. 

Veteran & Military Affiliated Education Assistance

School Certifying Officials

Thomas Owens
Faye Thompson

Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Checklist

  • Transcripts (H.S. and all other institutions attended since high school)
  • Military Transcript (Order your JST or CCAF)
  • Copy of your DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4)
  • Approved Education Plan/Curriculum Sheet (Compare to the copy your adviser gives you)
  • Download and sign the VA Policy and Procedures form
  • Military Tuition Discount qualifying documentation
  • VA Form 28-1905 (Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance Into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status)
  • Copy of VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE)


  • Download VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits) OR 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training)
  • Download VA Form 22-1990e (Application for Family Members to Use Transferred Benefits) or 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training)
  • Download VA Form 22-5490 (Dependents Application for VA Education Benefits) OR 22-5495 (Dependents’ Request Change of program or school)

MyCAA Educational Assistance

MyCAA is a Department of Defense program called Career Advancement Account (CAA) which was designed to assist spouses of service members to achieve portable careers.

The guidelines for this educational assistance program are:

  • Be available to spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2
  • Offer a maximum financial benefit of $4,000 with a fiscal year cap of $2,000. Waivers will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
  • Require military spouses to finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course
  • Be limited to associate degrees, certifications, and licensures. 

Frequently Asked Questions

The Veterans Administration will make a determination of whether or not you qualify for education benefits. For questions and inquiries, call 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit the VA website.

  1. If you’re active duty or Veteran, then download VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits) OR 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training). Present the confirmation email, VA awards letter or Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the school certifying official.
  2. If your Transfer of Entitlements (TOE) is approved, then dependents must download VA Form 22-1990e (Application for Family Members to Use Transferred Benefits) or 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training). Family members eligible for Dependents Education Assistance (DEA) must download VA Form 22-5490 (Dependents Application for VA Education Benefits) or 22-5495 (Dependents’ Request Change of program or school). Present the confirmation email, VA awards letter or Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the school certifying official.

Check the VA Benefits Comparison Tool for current rates. Full-time training for undergraduate students is six (6) credit hours in an 8-week term. Any student who enrolls for less than full-time will receive a prorated allowance according to how many credit hours you are enrolled each month.

For additional info on visit Financial Aid.

Failure to provide all required forms and class schedule will result in delayed certification. The sequence of events will occur in ration to the use of your VA education benefits:

  • Submit your online application to begin using VA education benefits. You’ll receive an email from VA confirming the application was received. Forward the confirmation email to the School Certifying Official. Additionally, you’ll receive an award letter, also referred to as Certificate of Eligibility. A copy of this letter may suffice for the previously mentioned confirmation email. 
  • Set up an eBenefits account to see all of your certification, payments, and remaining entitlement. 

Once You Are Certified:

  • Your Certificate of Eligibility will include information verifying your attendance. You’ll continue to receive benefits as long as you keep the Certifying Official notified of your schedule. 
  • The Post 9/11 G.I. Bill book allowance will be distributed after your certification is submitted to VA.
  • Housing allowance and stipends are normally paid at the end month following enrollment. 

To Keep Your Benefits Running Smoothly:

  • Read the Policy and Procedures form. You’ll be asked to sign a copy before using your education benefits. 
  • You are required to provide the School Certifying Official a copy of your schedule before certification. YOU WILL NOT BE CERTIFIED if you do not provide a copy of your schedule. Academic performance and class attendance are reviewed to ensure you are in compliance with Campbell University policy. Satisfactory Academic Progress will be reported to VA which may impact your benefit eligibility. 
  • VA will only pay for courses required towards your degree plan. Refer to the Campbell University  Catalog for degree requirements. 
  • You are required to inform the School Certifying Official if you make any changes to your enrollment including class schedule, drop/add, withdrawal or change of program. You should provide a copy of the approval. 
VA Call Center
General inquiries, address changes, requests to establish benefits. 
Use this line for monthly verification of attendance. 
VA Direct Deposit Center for Education
Start, stop or change direct deposit information.

Additional Resources