Resources for Veteran Students at our Fort Bragg & Pope Campus

Veterans Affairs Checklist


Transcripts (H.S. and all other institutions attended since high school)*
Copy of Official Campbell University Letter of Acceptance*
Approved Education Plan/Curriculum Sheet (Compare to the copy your Adviser gives you)
Signed & dated VA Policy and Procedure Form
Copy of VA Awards letter or Certificate of Eligibility (COE)


VA Form 22-1990 Application (New) OR 22-1995 (Change of program or school)
Copy of your DD Form 214 (Service Member Copy 4)
Military Transcript (JST or CCAF)


VA Form 28-1905, Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance Into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status (Comes from your Case Manager)


VA Form 22-5490 Application (New) OR 22-5495 (Change of program or school)


VA Form 22-1990 Application (New) OR 22-1995 (Change of program or school)
Copy of your DD Form 214 (Service Member Copy 4 -Discharge paper)
Military Transcript (JSTor CCAF)
Kicker paperwork (if you received one)


Frequently Asked Questions
Do I qualify for VA benefits? 

The Veterans Administration will make a determination of whether or not you qualify for education benefits. For questions and inquiries, call 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit the VA website. 

How do I apply? 
  1. If your Transfer of Entitlements (TOE) is approved, you can apply to use your benefits via the VA website VA website. Dependents must complete VA Form 22-1990E (Application for Family Members to Use Transferred Benefits) or VA Form 22-5490 (Dependents Application for VA Education Benefits). Present the confirmation email or letter to the campus School Certifying Official. 
How much of the cost will the VA benefits cover?

Check the VA Benefits Comparison Tool for current rates.Full-time training for undergraduate students is six (6) credit hours in an 8-week term. Any student who enrolls for less than full-time will receive a prorated allowance according to how many credit hours you are enrolled each month. 

For additional info on visit Financial Aid

What happens after I apply?

Failure to provide all required forms and class schedule will result in delayed certification. The sequence of events will occur in ration to the use of your VA education benefits:

  • Submit your online application to begin using VA education benefits. You’ll receive an email from VA confirming the application was received. Forward the confirmation email to the School Certifying Official. Additionally, you’ll receive an award letter, also referred to as Certificate of Eligibility. A copy of this letter may suffice for the previously mentioned confirmation email. 
  • Set up an eBenefits account to see all of your certification, payments, and remaining entitlement. 

Once You Are Certified:

  • Your Certificate of Eligibility will include information verifying your attendance. You’ll continue to receive benefits as long as you keep the Certifying Official notified of your schedule. 
  • The Post 9/11 G.I. Bill book allowance will be distributed after your certification is submitted to VA.
  • Housing allowance and stipends are normally paid at the end month following enrollment. 

To Keep Your Benefits Running Smoothly:

  • Read the Policy and Procedures form. You’ll be asked to sign a copy before using your education benefits. 
  • You are required to provide the School Certifying Official a copy of your schedule before certification. YOU WILL NOT BE CERTIFIED if you do not provide a copy of your schedule. Academic performance and class attendance are reviewed to ensure you are in compliance with Campbell University policy. Satisfactory Academic Progress will be reported to VA which may impact your benefit eligibility. 
  • VA will only pay for courses required towards your degree plan. Refer to the Campbell University  Catalog for degree requirements. 
  • You are required to inform the School Certifying Official if you make any changes to your enrollment including class schedule, drop/add, withdrawal or change of program. You should provide a copy of the approval. 
Who can I call?

VA Call Center

General inquiries, address changes, requests to establish benefits. 
Use this line for monthly verification of attendance. 
VA Direct Deposit Center for Education
Start, stop or change direct deposit information.

Apply Military & Veteran Resources