Healthcare Management Degree
Prepare for leadership and management excellence in the healthcare industry
About the Campbell Adult and Online Education (AOE) Healthcare Management Degree
Are you interested in improving the health of the people in your community and being a leader in a critical, high-demand $18B industry? The Campbell AOE Healthcare Management BBA will equip you with the skills needed to play a key role in the leadership and management of healthcare organizations, services, and products.
The AOE healthcare management degree program focuses on developing expertise relevant to the business side of healthcare, including human resource management, marketing, communication, and health information technology, as well as knowledge of the laws and policies unique to providing healthcare services and products in the U.S.
Healthcare Management Degree Learning Outcomes
The healthcare management BBA at AOE combines theoretical, analytical, and practical knowledge and covers:
- Understanding the complexities of our health care system.
- Developing knowledge and appreciation for the CMS (Center for Medicaid Services).
- Understanding the law and policies that govern why and how hospitals and other healthcare-related services operate.
- Acquiring knowledge and insight to speak knowledgeably about issues related to health care.
- Gaining practical marketable skills including Excel, project management and communication.
- Developing a deeper understanding of the ethical underpinnings of our healthcare system.
- Cultivating a commitment to health equity and development of healthcare systems that have better outcomes for all communities.
- Learning to advocate for public and behavioral health issues and affect change in legislation and legal regulations.
Why Choose Campbell AOE for Your Healthcare Management Degree?
The Campbell AOE healthcare management BBA provides you with a broad knowledge base in several core areas of healthcare services as well as benefits unique to our online and adult education program:
- Leverage the flexibility of taking your healthcare management degree entirely online or at our Raleigh adult learner campus — in a program specifically designed for the needs of online and adult learners, but with the same high level of quality as our Campbell University on-campus program.
- Learn in a program that emphasizes care for people, not just profits.
- Benefit from accelerated 8-week terms that allow you to complete your degree sooner and put your new skills to work faster.
- Earn your degree in an AUPHA (Association of University Programs in Health Administration) associate program, with access to everything AUPHA has to offer in terms of scholarships, opportunities, networking, etc.
- Learn about law and policy through internships, volunteer roles, and a practicum where you will tackle real-world healthcare projects and challenges.
- Acquire leadership and management skills applicable to numerous healthcare-related professions, including pharmaceutical company executive, hospital administrator, nursing home administrator, continuing care retirement facility manager.
- Develop skillsets that you can use right out of the gate in substantial healthcare management positions — from day one on the job.
- Learn from instructors who bring real-world professional health care management experience.
- Attend our annual health solutions event where industry representatives come together to discuss relevant healthcare topics, and you can leverage networking opportunities.
- Get a more personal experience with smaller class sizes, allowing greater connection/interaction with your instructors.
The Campbell AOE Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management Curriculum
AOE are courses designed in eight-week accelerated terms to allow flexibility for adult learners. The AOE Healthcare Management BBA introduces students to a broad range of subjects including Global Health, Healthcare Strategy and Healthcare Policy.
Courses You Will Take
Some examples of courses that may be offered include:
- Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Organization and Delivery
- Healthcare Quality Management
Skills You Will Learn
- Excel skills
- Research and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Well rounded knowledge of business and financial management areas of healthcare
- Familiarity with laws and regulations governing healthcare services
- Written and verbal communication skills
Jobs in Healthcare Management
Healthcare management professionals work in many environments, including:
- Nursing and residential care facilities
- Outpatient treatment centers
- Physicians offices and group medical practices
- Government services agencies
- Health policy research and advocacy organizations
- PR, communication, and advertising firms
- Pharmaceutical companies
As the access to health insurance grows, the baby boom generation continues to age, and more individuals remain active later in life, the The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects continuing strong demand for trained professionals in the healthcare administration field. The Bureau projects 32% job growth for medical and health service managers through 2029, much faster than average for all occupations. The BLS cites a master’s degree and knowledge of health information technology as two factors that may open up additional career opportunities.
The BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook is a good place to start exploring the job outlook and pay potential for specific careers and fields that interest you.