Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc)
Optimize your skills and shape the future of healthcare
Campbell Adult & Online Education in partnership with the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences offers an interdisciplinary Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc) degree program that equips post-professionals with skills and expertise to positively shape the future of healthcare and health-related organizations.
The DHSc program provides an interdisciplinary curriculum with a focus on the practical application of modern healthcare delivery, rural health policy, public health ethics, health administration, and interprofessional education/practice.
The program is committed to providing students with the best possible preparation to take the doctorate degree back into the workforce and make a positive impact through creative, innovative, problem-solving health care solutions in the organizations and environments where they work.
The DHSc program takes an interdisciplinary approach to provide the skills for career mobility and advancement, whether professional goals lie in research, administration and management, teaching, or rural health care.
This is an advanced doctorate degree; applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution before applying for admission.
Preparing you to take your doctorate degree back into the workforce to make a positive impact through innovate health care solutions.
The DHSc program emphasizes the development of academic and professional skills to produce graduates who are prepared for meaningful and purposeful careers. Upon completion, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of research, assessment, planning, and action in the context of organizational improvement.
- Integrate knowledge and critical thinking/problem-solving skills into a framework for evaluating, designing, and implementing innovations in healthcare systems and delivery.
- Apply appropriate methods of inquiry in a variety of professional settings and contexts.
- Provide information and guidance on a broad spectrum of issues of importance to healthcare-related organizations, recognizing political, financial, and social forces influencing decision making.
- Recognize that continuing education is necessary to keep abreast of evolving research and healthcare-related issues.
- Develop a sense of professional ethics and incorporate those ethical standards in their professional career.
The DHSc program provides a broad knowledge base in core areas, in a format that allows for maximum accessibility for adult learners and busy professionals.
- Earn your degree from a fully accredited program. The Campbell Doctor of Health Sciences program is approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Leverage the flexibility of taking your Doctor of Health Sciences online in a program specifically designed for the needs of online and adult learners.
- Benefit from accelerated 8-week terms that allow you to complete your degree sooner and put your new skills to work faster.
- Get your degree from the only DHSc program in the country that has a concentration in interdisciplinary healthcare.
- Benefit from a curriculum designed to provide a broad and diverse foundation in preparation for concentration.
- Customize your degree by choosing a concentration in Health Administration, Interprofessional Education, or Rural Health.
- Learn from instructors who bring industry experience, academic and research expertise, and long-time experience in online instruction to the program.
- Get a more personal experience with smaller class sizes, allowing greater connection/interaction with your instructors.
The Doctor of Health Sciences program prepares students to provide leadership, planning, innovation, and organizational improvement in a variety of employment settings including colleges and universities, clinics, hospitals, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, nonprofits, private industry, and other related healthcare-oriented organizations.