Health Science, BHS
Prepare to be a leader in the health care industry
About the Campbell Adult and Online Education (AOE) Health Science BHS
Designed for the needs of military learners who want to translate their valuable experience into a degree, the Bachelor of Health Science (BHS) prepares students for health science careers, advanced degrees and advanced study in medical school and physician assistant programs.
The health science course of study is interdisciplinary and heavily lab science-focused. The BHS degree allows military learners to enhance their military training and experience with a bachelor’s degree that can provide career and academic advancement for current practitioners in the health fields, and a generalist curriculum applicable to many graduate programs.
Health Science BHS Learning Outcomes
The BHS curriculum is designed for military students to build on their experience and acquire the academic requirements necessary for career promotion or acceptance to medical schools, physician assistant programs, advanced public health programs, and other graduate-level programs of study.
The Bachelor of Health Science program introduces students to a broad range of subjects, including:
- Organic Chemistry
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
Why Choose Campbell AOE for Your Health Science BHS?
The Health Science BHS is a rigorous, high-quality program specifically designed for the needs of military students who want to further their careers through advanced education.
The AOE bachelor of health science comprehensive curriculum allows you to:
- Take advantage of the flexibility to take courses on base (Fort Liberty), online, or in a hybrid format. Most core classes are available online. Most lab sciences classes, under safety precautions, are held in-person.
- Choose classes that fit your schedule at any given time: Whether you are on base or deployed, your education is always available.
- Enroll in a qualifying degree allowing you to leverage joint service credits for academic credit, saving time and money on your education.
- Benefit from accelerated 8-week terms that enable you to complete your degree sooner and in a way that’s most convenient for you.
- Take advantage of military tuition discounts and low out-of-pocket costs. As a regionally accredited University, Campbell University/AOE is approved by all branches of the military for tuition assistance benefits and is approved for the payment of VA educational benefits.
- Acquire hands-on lab science skills at Fort Liberty or at partner school facilities.
- Learn from instructors, including instructors on active duty, who bring real-world professional experience and a deep understanding of the military and the unique needs of military students.
- Get a more personal experience with smaller class sizes and instructor-developed special-topic classes in areas of study that interest military students.
Courses You Will Take
Courses are delivered in eight-week accelerated terms to allow maximum flexibility for military learners. The Health Science BHS introduces you to a broad range of subjects, including:
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 & 2
- Organic Chemistry
Skills You Will Learn
Upper-level foundation courses provide knowledge and competencies in organic chemistry, anatomy and physiology, and advanced biology. The program also helps you develop:
- Lab skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Teamwork skills
- Leadership skills
The health care field offers a broad range of career opportunities both within the military and in the civilian job market, depending on your own professional goals.
- Many students in the Health Science BHS program use their degree as entry into medical school, physician assistant programs, nursing programs, or as a springboard to other graduate-level degrees in health care and other academic fields.
- For students on active duty in the military, earning a bachelor’s degree contributes to promotion opportunities within their service area.
- For military personnel interested in transitioning into civilian careers, the degree is a stepping stone to health care industry jobs and advanced education in the health care field.
This program is selective and based on prior experience. Our degree provides an interdisciplinary for current practitioners and delivers a well-rounded generalist curriculum.
- Earn an Applied Science degree in a healthcare-related field or concentration, from a regionally accredited college or regionally accredited technical school. Up to 60 semester hours may be accepted as transfer credit towards your degree with Campbell University.
- Complete a healthcare-related military training program that is equivalent to (1.) above, then you may receive up to 60 semester hours as transfer credit towards your degree. Your transfer credits will be based on the recommendations by the American Council on Education (ACE) and your Military Occupational Specialty (MOS, AFSC, NEC).