The ability to employ business skills and knowledge is valuable in almost every job. AOE’s Associate in Arts in Business Administration (AA) combines foundational business courses with interdisciplinary arts and sciences coursework to provide a solid business knowledge base and develop in-demand soft skills.
Business Administration AA Learning Outcomes
The Business Administration AA is a generalist degree that provides maximum flexibility for entry-level employment, career growth, or continuing education. Learning outcomes include:
- Developing relevant skill sets to meet the needs of the evolving job market
- Understanding the various facets of business today
- Preparing to be effective purpose-driven contributors to their chosen career
- Improving personal communication and problem-solving skills
The Adult and Online Education business associate degree provides a broad knowledge base in fundamental business skills along with a solid background in liberal arts, humanities, and social sciences courses.
- Leverage the flexibility of taking your Business AA degree online or at one of three campuses — in a program specifically designed for the needs of online and adult learners.
- Benefit from accelerated 8-week terms that allow you to complete your degree sooner and put your new skills to work faster.
- Learn from instructors who bring real-world professional experience, research expertise, and long-time classroom experience (both online and in-person).
- Create career mobility and flexibility with a business associate degree that builds soft skills while developing practical business skills for any workplace.
- Earn a business administration associate degree that can transfer into a four-year degree to increase career opportunities or meet personal career goals.
- Get a business education experience that is more personal, with smaller class sizes that allow greater connection/interaction with your instructors.
- Career services can connect you to potential employers for internships and permanent positions.
Courses You Will Take
Business administration associate degree courses include:
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Business Technology
- Business Law
- Micro and Macroeconomics
- Philosophy of Business
A Business AA degree is versatile in that it develops soft skills and a solid educational base that can be applied to a variety of professions and business jobs according to your career interests. An associate degree can also provide a valuable entry point into the workforce and a career that can be built upon with further education and training that can lead to advancement and higher pay. Jobs can be found in the private and public sectors, nonprofits, and entrepreneurship in a variety of industries. Potential jobs with an associate degree include:
- Bookkeeping, accounting, or auditing clerk
- Administrative assistant
- Customer service representative
- Retail sales representative
- Business office manager
- Payroll services administrator
- Sales manager
- Account manager
- Executive assistant
- HR assistant