What is Alpha Sigma Lambda?
Alpha Sigma Lambda (ASL) is an honor society that partners with colleges and universities to celebrate the scholarship and leadership of adult students in higher education. ASL is devoted to the advancement of scholarship and recognition of nontraditional students continuing their education. Learn more about Alpha Sigma Lambda
Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarship
Alpha Sigma Lambda, which has its Sigma Gamma Chapter at Campbell University, is offering a total of five (5) $3000 and fifteen (15) $2500 scholarships. You do not have to be a member of the Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter to be eligible to apply!
Requirements to Apply:
- Complete 24 semester hours of graded coursework from Campbell University’s Adult & Online Education (does not include transfer credit).
- Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on all work taken at Campbell University.
- Enrolled in an associate’s or baccalaureate degree program at Campbell University.
- Has a financial need for assistance to complete the degree.
- At least one semester of coursework remaining beginning August 2021.
- Complete the Application Form.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member at Campbell University.
- A personal statement no longer than two typed pages.
- A cover sheet completed and signed by the ASL Chapter Councilor at Campbell University.
Interested in applying?
Click on the link below to download the application. The process for submission is outlined below:
- Take the time to edit and revise your personal statement. Make sure that it is grammatically correct, well-structured, and meets the evaluation criteria. Utilize one of the following resources to provide feedback on your application by March 8th:
- Campbell University professor
- TutorMe tutoring service
- Campbell University Student Success Center: You may sign up for a one-on-one advising session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
- Submit the completed packet to your home campus location no later than March 22.
- The Chapter’s officers will review your packet for completeness and provide feedback no later than April 5th.
- Final submission of the application packet is due to your home location by 5:00pm on April 19th. The Chapter’s officers will choose two finalists to forward to the home office for review.
Additional Resources for Scholarships for Service Members and Veterans:
Interested in starting your education? Apply today.