What is Alpha Sigma Lambda?
Alpha Sigma Lambda (ASL) is an honor society that partners with colleges and universities to celebrate the scholarship and leadership of adult students in higher education. ASL is devoted to the advancement of scholarship and recognition of nontraditional students continuing their education. Learn more about Alpha Sigma Lambda
Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarship
Alpha Sigma Lambda, which has its Sigma Gamma Chapter at Campbell University, is offering a total of six (6) $3000 scholarships and fifteen (15) $2500 scholarships. You do not have to be a member of the Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter to be eligible to apply!
Requirements to Apply:
- Completed 24 semester hours of graded coursework from Campbell University’s Adult & Online Education (does not include transfer credit).
- Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on all work taken at Campbell University.
- Enrolled in an associate’s or baccalaureate degree program at Campbell University.
- Has a financial need for assistance to complete the degree.
- At least one semester of coursework remaining beginning August 2022.
- Complete the Application Packet.
- Submit the Faculty Recommendation Form (A copy of this form is located in the “Helpful Links” section below). Must be completed by a faculty member at Campbell University.
- Complete the Personal Statement section of the application. Each section must be 1-2 paragraphs on each of the following topics:
- Academic achievements
- Career aspirations
- Financial Need
- Leadership Activities
- School/life balance challenges and successes
Interested in applying?
Click on the link below to download the application. The process for submission is outlined below:
- Take the time to edit and revise your personal statement. Make sure that it is grammatically correct, well-structured, and meets the evaluation criteria. Utilize one of the following resources to provide feedback on your application by March 18th:
- Campbell University professor
- TutorMe tutoring service
- Campbell University Student Success Center: You may sign up for a one-on-one advising session by emailing email@example.com to request an appointment.
- Submit the completed packet to the AOE Dean’s Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1.
- The Chapter’s officers will review your packet for completeness and provide feedback no later than April 15th.
- Final submission of the application packet is due to the AOE Dean’s Office via email at email@example.com by 5:00pm on April 29th. The Chapter’s officers will choose two finalists to forward to the home office for review.
Additional Resources for Scholarships for Service Members and Veterans:
Interested in starting your education? Apply today.